Unfiltered Jesus Pt. 9
We are often looking at Jesus through filters we have created. The invitation is to come and see the real Jesus. We may be following a man who we don’t really know, and a generation may be walking away from following a man who doesn’t really exist. The picture we have of Jesus may be an Instagram Jesus. In other words, what we want Jesus to look like and what we want Him to be. The truth is Jesus is a disruptive force. The unfiltered Jesus has the power to disrupt your life in the best possible way. Remember Jesus came to destroy the walls that separate us and to seek and save the lost. Jesus’ love can tear down any wall. For the last eight weeks, we have looked at who Jesus really is, not what we may perceive Him to be. In this week’s sermon Pastor Chris addressed if we are going to follow the unfiltered Jesus we need a way forward.
1. Discuss the statement, “Church, get out of here and go be me to the world.” How does that apply to us each and every day? What is the one thing you need in your life to make that statement come alive in your life? Read John 13:34-35. Why will this change our world?
2. Everyone talks about how difficult our culture is today. Why is the issue us and not our culture?
3. Read Galatians 5:16. Why is it important to define spiritual maturity by how we love?
4. Why is it imperative to see the Church as the Body of Christ? Ephesians 4:16 Discuss the difference between consumers and a body of change agents.
5. Why is it vital that we must see the urgency to engage our culture with the Good News?
6. What are some practical steps we can take as individuals and as a gathering to not put filters on Jesus going forward.
We are following the same God, have the same message, and are indwelt by the same Spirit the early church was and it turned the world upside down. Let’s not settle for anything less!